As a web designer, my focus rests chiefly on the user’s experience. I’m proud of my work when a website is compelling, easily navigable, and intuitive. The interface should disappear, allowing the content to shine through. When users are comfortable on your site, they will spend more time with you. And spend more money.
As a front-end developer, I relish the opportunity to make great designs come to life. The construction of a website with elegant, clean, and semantic code is something I take pride in and deeply enjoy.
The following unsolicited feedback was set to my associate creative director by the information architect I work closely with:
“I don’t think I’ve said it before – Mike is doing great work. He’s super flexible yet firm with his opinions, he’s looking to solve business problems, he collaborates, he provides good design options, admits his mistakes, etc.
Very happy to have him on the project.”
– Jon S., Best Buy
My project manager at Select Comfort recently sent this feedback to my staffing agency manager:
"I've been very pleased with Michael's performance to date. He's definitely got the right skillset for what we were looking for.
A couple of things that I've been impressed with is his ability to take a loosely defined set of development requirements and provide creative options on how to deliver on the overarching objective of the project. It is nice to work with someone who is flexible and doesn't require an exact 'blueprint' of what needs to be developed.
His background in User Experience / Design has been beneficial as he has been able to proactively provide suggestions to improve on the visitor's experience beyond what was originally specified in the project requirements."
– Jake F., Select Comfort
Front-End Web Developer / UX Designer
- Develops and designs web pages for SleepNumber.com leveraging responsive design and development techniques, parallax scrolling, and other contemporary rich interface technologies.
- Designs, develops, and manages A/B tests utilizing Monetate marketing and website optimization tools.
- Optimizes SleepNumber.com for cross-browser compatibility supporting Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla, and Webkit browsers.
Sr UX Designer - Activated Devices Product Team
- Creates web designs for activated devices (cell phones, tablets, connected laptops, and cameras) on BestBuy.com
- Collaborates with Information Architects and Business Analysts to create world-class experiences online, including user research and usability testing.
- Maintains and promotes Best Buy's brand standards online.
Web / Graphic Designer + Front End Developer
- Designed online job tracking and CRM tool, Allintrack (in development).
- Designed and develop brand identity for Allintrack and Jouzer (Allintrack integrated mobile app).
- Designed templates for third party retail websites.
Web Designer / Front End Web Developer
- Designed and developed resort/hospitality website:
www.mantraplodge.com – Design, HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Designed and developed B2B web application / website:
jit.minicove.com/login.cfm – Design, HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Designed promotional banners for Amazonsupply.com, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Mantrap Lodge, and HOPS Water Polo
Web Designer / Front End Web Developer
- Developed and designed retail and corporate websites:
www.razorsync.com – Design, HTML, and CSS
www.cliqstudios.com – Design, HTML, and CSS
www.equuscs.com - Design, HTML and CSS
- Designed mobile Apps for RazorSync: FieldServices and HealthCare.
- Designed logo, print materials, corporate identity for RazorSync.
Web Designer / Graphic Designer
- Designed retail and corporate websites:
www.silestoneusa.com - Design, layout, and interface
www.countertopvalet.com - Design, layout, and interface
www.sensagranite.com - Design + HTML, CSS, ColdFusion
www.ecobycosentino.com – Design + HTML, CSS
http://jt.cosentinousa.net - Design, layout and interface
www.depotestimator.com - Design + HTML, CSS, ColdFusion
- Managed Routine Retail Promotions for E-Commerce Websites:
- Designed regularly-scheduled promotional e-mails and web-based banner advertisements.
- Managed promotional e-mail system utilizing Bronto web application.
- Routinely updated HTML and CFX code on multiple websites to manage retail promotions.
- Designed Mobile iPhone Application for Cosentino USA.
- Designed and prepared for print promotional brochures, business cards, and marketing binders.
- Designed and prepared for print large-format trade show graphics.